Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Chicago Testimonies, Part 5: Eddy, Zach, Drew, Curtis, Morgan, Sydney

Thanks, Thanks, Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be a part of this team and shared this incredible week with everybody. My prayer and hope is that we use what we learn here in Chicago back in our city and try to be a blessing to those in need back home. I wasn’t sure what was going to happen out here but I learned that I have to learn the Bible and really try to put God first in everything I do. I enjoyed getting to know Danny and the kids in my group. They showed me a lot. Thanks again and I hope that I can be a part of this ministry back home. I wish I would have gotten to know you a bit more.
-Eddy Casasola

This week has given me a lot, most of which I didn’t expect. From coming on a trip to getting out of the house for a week to not really wanting to go and it maybe would have been easier to stay home and sit in my undies til 2pm (honest) to sticking it out without my normalnality (cell phone, iPod, Sportscenter, MySpace) to being touched by people in need, kids that I would never have met before and they helped me realize that I was the one in need.
-Zach Moyers

I’ve read this verse every day for months and I think I ought to share it: Love is patient, love is kind, it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud, it is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. – 1 Cor. 13:4-8 This sums it up for me.
-Drew Nall

I learned a lot about myself during the mission trip. I learned that I need to have more patience. I also learned that even if nobody notices something good that you do, God notices.
-Curtis Mathson

During my stay in Chicago this week I experienced many mixed emotions. Sometimes I felt happy to be there, which was most of the time, because I knew we were doing such great things. Another part of me felt so thankful for everything I have, which is so much more than the children we worked with had. Normally, I’m always wanting more, the more expensive name brands I owned the better. Since my time serving in Chicago my relationship with God has grown to the moon and back. I’ve always had a strong relationship with Him, but it is always growing.
-Morgan Bean

This week while walking around Chicago, I learned that on the streets, seeing every person walk by, are made different but all by the same God. If they’re homeless, poor, rich, you should not put them into your mind as a person of a lower standard than yourself. I learned not to be scared if I am approached, because most times, all anyone wants is to talk to someone or simply say hi. Never once put your head down and walk on or ignore someone by looks. Just think, would that be how you would want to be treated?
-Sydney Ozbun

No comments: