Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Chicago Testimonies, Part 3: Anthony, Meredith, Nate, Michael, Blake O.

This week has been an eye-opening experience. I’ve learned that I’m so blessed with my home life and parents. Without my parents I would not know where I would be in my walk with Christ. This trip has reignited my walk with Christ. I need to pray and outreach more and read my Bible more. I’m excited to shine brighter for Jesus and not hold back anything!
-Anthony Watts

In Chicago I have experienced prayer. I finally got the nerve to stand up in front of others and speak to God in front of them. It was very nerve-racking but I did it. I can now handle praying before dinner inn The Porch and other places when I have the chance. As well as others I’m extremely sad to leave the children. I fell in love with them. I hope that as they see these volunteers coming in each week from different youth groups, that they will begin being active in a youth group and serve God. I pray that they make wise choices for their future. I have also experienced confusion, and a lot of it. Ever since doing the devotions in our folders and reading about Chicago, I have wondered why God puts people in the places of hunger, poor, and the homeless. I want to fix it so badly. So What?? I want to continue to pray for the children, the hungry, the poor, and the homeless. I will pray that God’s hope and love surrounds each and every one of them. I will try to do my best to touch the children and adults lives in Cape. I hope that God will open my eyes and lead me into situations where I can spread His love to others.
-Meredith Grissom

This week has been amazing! God really spoke to me this week and it was awesome to get to know and bond with the people in our youth group. This week God showed me that we are truly His hands and feet, literally our hands and feet, God is working through! He showed me that I need to drop my pride and be real and authentic with everyone and God. He also showed me / helped me learn to keep a sharper eye to watch out for false prophets, people who say but not live the word of God, and to test / question everything. He has strengthened me to fight the good fight and He has given me a greater hunger and thirst for HIS WORD. PRAISE GOD! HE IS GOOD!
-Nate Nall

I learned that we must hope to work together, no matter the differences we have. Love each other, help the needy, worship and pray for problems we face.
-Michael Denmark

Chicago was a life-changing experience for me. I have never felt God’s presence as much as I did while in Chicago. The feeling was amazing. While in Chicago, I had so much fun with the kids and the homeless. It made me feel so fortunate and I am very grateful. Overall, this trip truly changed me and my fire for God has never been greater. I hope to bring this feeling back to Cape.
-Blake Ozbun

No comments: